Best Jogging Stroller Reviews & Guideline
A jogging stroller is an investment. For use as a jogger, the Best Jogging Stroller must meet safety standards. It is convenient to have a stroller that is adaptable to standard stroller use as well as a stroller that can be used for brisk walks, jogging, biking or hiking. Other features add to the convenience of the stroller.
Jogging strollers are strollers made to go over different terrain whether walking or jogging. They should not be used with a baby who cannot hold up his or her head. The safety of the baby is the most important consideration when choosing a best jogging stroller. A jogging stroller is an investment so choosing one is important. Any new parent will appreciate taking baby out for some fresh air and some rewarding exercise for both physical and mental health.
How To Choose The Best Jogging Stroller
Best jogging stroller will have features that will assure you that your baby is safe. Baby should be comfortable and secure. Jogging strollers are made to go over any type of terrain so must have features that offer baby a smooth ride with no jarring. There are several considerations to bare in mind when researching the Best Jogging Stroller for you and your baby. Jogging strollers must meet the safety standards of JPMA (Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association). This certification adheres to the standard of the ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials).
(1) Large pneumatic tires
Jogging strollers have 3 large pneumatic, bicycle like tires. The tires need to be air filled and bigger than standard stroller wheels. Treaded tires add safety when navigating rough terrain. The tires should include the following features.
• Air filled tires
• Treaded sturdy tires to cover any type of terrain easily
• A single front tire that is 12 inches in diameter and 2 rear tires that are 16 inches in diameter. The bigger the wheels, the smoother the ride
• Either a stationary or swivel front tire. A swiveling tire will provide more maneuverability but must have a secure brake to keep it stationary when used as a jogger. This assures that the front wheel will not wobble putting the stroller at risk for tipping.
(2) Suspension System
A good suspension system will be highly shock absorbent so baby will not be jarred when moving over rough terrain at any speed. A quality suspension system will keep baby safe and comfortable.
Here are some things to consider in a suspension system:
• All 3 wheels must be shock absorbent
• A sling style seat that is well padded will help absorb jarring motion and the seat should be adjustable so it can recline to a near fat position.
(3) Distance Between The Wheels
A wider distance between the baby and the front wheel will keep baby from bouncing during rides.
(4) Easy Folding
Jogging strollers are large and bulky because they need to be in order to serve their purpose. This can make them difficult to travel with because they take up so much trunk space. For easy travel and convenient storage look for the following features:
• Easy 1 or 2 step folding mechanism
• Detachable wheels
(5) A Secure And Comfortable Seat
A safe and secure seat is necessary for baby. The more comfortable the seat is, the better for baby to enjoy the fresh air. The seat should have the following features.
• A 5 point harness will keep baby safely strapped into the stroller seat.
• An adjustable seat will keep baby in a comfortable position whether reclined or placed in an upright position as baby gets older.
• Extra padding not only helps absorb shock but also assures that baby is comfortable, cozy and warm.
Several extra features add to the safety and function of a jogging stroller.
• Attachable features: – attachable features include an infant car seat mechanism.
• Canopy: – An adjustable canopy will protect baby from the sun and wind.
Viewing Window: A viewing window will assure you that baby is safe and comfortable.
• Storage: a large storage basket underneath the seat is convenient for storing extra blankets, bottles and personal belongings while seat pockets are also beneficial for quick access.
• Cup Holders: although not absolutely necessary, strollers that feature cup holders for baby and parent can be a nice feature to have although hot liquids should never be on a stroller.
• No slip grip on handle: makes it more comfortable and safer to navigate the stroller.
(1) BOB Revolution SE Single Stroller
BOB Revolution’s SE Single Stroller has great features that make it easy for you and your baby to enjoy some fresh air. It is a sturdy, adjustable jogging stroller that meets the ASTM safety standards.
• 2 position shock absorbers with adjustable suspension system for a smooth ride.
• Swivel front wheel for maneuverability with lock system for use as a safe jogger.
• Padded adjustable with 5 point strap.
• Sturdy back wheels good for use over rough surfaces.
• Multi-position canopy with large view window.
• Storage basket.
• Accessory adapter for compatible infant car seat.
(2) Baby Trend Expedition Jogger
Baby Trend’s Expedition Jogger meets all safety standards in a jogging stroller. It is versatile and can be used safely as a jogger and conveniently as a standard stroller.
• Large bicycle style air filled tires with lockable front swivel wheel for versatility.
• Shock absorbency for baby’s protection.
• Adjustable and well padded sling seat with 5 point safety harness.
• Adaptable for compatible infant seat attachment.
• Large storage basket underneath seat.
• Large adjustable canopy with view window to monitor baby as you walk or run.
• Parent and child trays.
(3) Graco Fast Action Folding Jogger Click Connect Stroller
Graco is a popular manufacturer of versatile baby equipment. The Fast Action Folding Jogger with Click Connect is a stroller that is easy to transport making it a valuable piece of equipment. It meets all safety standards and has some extra features that make it a convenient stroller.
• Air filled rubber tires with good traction for a smooth ride.
• Lock front swivel wheel for maneuverability as a crossover stroller.
• Graco’s patented Fast Action Fold requiring just one hand to quickly fold stroller for transport and storage.
• Padded adjustable sling seat with convertible 3 and 5 point harness to grow with baby and holds up to 50 pounds.
• Graco’s click connect allows use with a Graco infant car seat.
• Large storage basket, parent tray with 2 cup holders, pivoting child tray and smart phone holder.
• Adjustable canopy.
(4) Schwinn Turismo Swivel Single Jogger
Schwinn has long made quality bicycles and their jogging stroller wheels function as bike does providing all safety features necessary in a jogging stroller.
• Exposed spring suspension for a smooth ride for baby.
• Manual lock on front wheel for use as a standard stroller or as a jogger.
• Lightweight yet sturdy aluminum frame with dual trigger folding mechanism for easy transport.
• Holds up to 50 pounds in padded sling seat and safety strap.
• Adaptable to many brands of infant car seats.
• Canopy with MP3 speakers to entertain baby.
• Large storage basket and flip open tray with 2 cup holders.
• Safe no slip grip handle.
(5) BOB Sport Utility Single Stroller
BOB’s Sport Utility Stroller is designed to safely take baby with you when you go for a brisk walk, jog or hike.
• Adjustable suspension system
• Fixed front wheel for stability when hiking or jogging over rough terrain and large air filled back wheels with good traction
• Compatible with BOB, Graco, Chico and Peg Perego infant car seats.
• Well padded adjustable sling seat with 5 point safety harness.
• Lightweight frame an easy 2 step folding mechanism.
• Canopy with a large view window.
• Storage includes basket, 2 interior pockets and a seat back pocket
• Holds up to 70 pounds.
(6) Baby Jogger City Mini Stroller, Black With Gray Frame
Baby Jogger’s Citi Mini Stroller is perfect for urban living. It has a smaller frame yet safety features that make it perfect for maneuvering over sidewalks, streets, gravel and pavement.
•Shock absorbency and high performance for safety of baby while navigating busy city streets.
•Very lightweight frame with patented Quick Fold 1 step mechanism.
•Padded adjustable seat that reclines to near flat position and has a 5 point harness for safety.
• Adjustable handle.
(7) InSTEP Safari Swivel Stroller
The Safari Swivel Stroller by InSTEP is a safe crossover stroller that can be used as a standard stroller as well as a jogging stroller.
• Large pneumatic tires with molded rims for good traction
• Shock absorbency
• Manual lock front wheel that can be used in swivel or fixed mode
• Padded adjustable sling seat with 5 point safety harness
• Dual trigger folding mechanism
• Infant car seat adapter compatible with several brands
• Flip open child and parent trays with cup holders
(8) BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller
BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller is a convenient double jogging stroller that provides safety for babies and toddlers as well as convenience for parents.
• Adjustable padded handlebar creates the perfect fit for any parent’s height with 9 position options.
• Swiveling front wheel allows for superior maneuverability, locks forward for increased stability jogging or when the terrain turns tough.
• Easy, two-step folding, lightweight frame for convenient transport and storage.
• Adaptable to BOB infant car seats.
• Adjustable canopy with large view window.
• State-of-the-art, adjustable suspension system provides an exceptionally smooth ride.
• Ultra-padded, adjustable reclining seat for enhanced seating comfort, five-point padded harness keeps your child comfortably secure.
(9) InSTEP Grand Safari Swivel Wheel Double Jogger
Another good double jogger is InSTEP’s Grand Safari Jogger. InSTEP is a member of JPMA and adheres to all safety standards. The double stroller is a high performance and safe ride for babies and toddlers.
• Exposed suspension system for maximum shock absorbency.
• Large pneumatic sturdy tires with molded rims.
• Warm and well padded faux lambskin sling seats with 5 point harness for safety.
• Manual lock front wheel for maneuverability in swivel position and safety in fixed position.
• Child and parent trays.
• Adjustable canopy with built in MP3 speakers for children’s entertainment.
(10) InSTEP Quick N EZ Double Bicycle Trailer
InSTEP’s Quick N EX Double Bicycle Trailer is a convenient way to transport 2 children whether strolling, jogging or bicycling. The double stroller safely attaches to a bike to pull along for a fun exercise. It can also be used as a standard stroller or jogger with its handlebar.
• Large pneumatic molded rim tires provide a safe ride over rough terrain.
• Shock absorbency suspension system provides a smooth ride.
• Front wheel swivels or locks so stroller can be converted as a crossover.
• Holds up to 100 pounds total.
• Attaches to most bikes.
• 2-in1 canopy with mesh bug screen and weather shield to fully protect babies from the elements.
• Simple design that folds easily and wheels collapse for convenient transport and storage.
A jogging stroller is an investment and purchasing one requires research. The type of stroller you choose depends on your needs; you need to look at the different style and features that you need. First, you need to consider safety. A jogging bicycle should have large, air filled and treaded tires to manage rough terrain. The stroller should have a good shock absorbency system so baby will not be jarred. A sling style seat that is well padded and a 5 point harness will further protect your baby. Other factors to consider are convenience. If you plan to use the stroller as a standard stroller, it should have the ability to maneuver tight corners so the front wheel should swivel. When using the stroller for jogging or hiking, the front wheel needs to lock so it remains in a fixed position.
Other features that make a best jogging stroller a good choice are accessories. It should have an adjustable canopy to protect baby from sun and wind. A view window is convenient so you can monitor baby as you jog. Adaptability to infant car seats is a plus. Storage is convenient particularly if you plan a longer outing. Because jogging strollers are bigger than standard strollers, a sturdy yet lightweight frame and easy folding mechanism are convenient features. When choosing your jogging stroller, consider how often you might use it as a standard stroller. Do you need it for city navigating? Do you want a double seat? Do you want to be able to attach it to a bicycle? Whatever your needs, find a safe and convenient stroller to invest in.